Thursday, April 23, 2009

What is petroleum ether?

Petroleum ether ( aka petroleum spirits ) is a narrow alkane hydrocarbon distillate fraction from crude oil.
The names "ether" and "spirit" refer to the very volatile nature of the solvent, and petroleum ether does not have the ether ( Cx-O-Cy ) linkage, but solely consists of hydrocarbons.
Petroleum ethers are defined by their boiling range, and that is typically 20C.
Typical fractions are 20-40C, 40-60C, 60-80C, 80-100C, 100-120C etc. up to 200C.
There are specially refined grades that have any aromatic hydrocarbons removed, and there are specially named grades, eg pentane fraction (30-40C), hexane fraction (60-80C, 67-70C).
It is important to note that most "hexane" fractions are mixtures of hydrocarbons, and pure normal hexane is usually described as "n-hexane".

2 comments:

  1. GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is possible to recover your stolen bitcoins. I never believed in bitcoin recovery because I was made to understand that it was not possible. However, sometime in February I fell for a forex scam which promised overly high returns and I ended up losing close to $500,000. I searched for a month for help until I finally came across an article on reddit in regards to recovering stolen cryptocurrency so I reached out to them, Recover Btc Help Wizard Charles Group Hackers. I was so scared and skeptical because I have heard of bad experiences but I decided to give them a try and to my greatest surprise I was able to get all my stolen bitcoins recovered from the scammers within a very short time frame. I don’t know if I’m allowed to share the links on here but you can contact them at wizardcharlesgrouphackers@gmail.com to get help.

    ReplyDelete