Wednesday, April 8, 2009

CCAI & CII

The Calculated Carbon Aromaticity Index (CCAI) is an index of the ignition quality of residual fuel oil. The running of all internal combustion engines is dependent on the ignition quality of the fuel.
For spark-ignition engines the fuel has an octane rating.
For diesel engines it depends on the type of fuel, for distillate fuels the cetane numbers are used. Cetane numbers are tested using a special test engine and the existing engine was not made for residual fuels.
For residual fuel oil two other empirical indexes are used: CCAI and Calculated Ignition Index (CII). Both CCAI and CII are calculated from the density and kinematic viscosity of the fuel.

CCAI= D - 81 -141x Log [Log [kV + 0.85]] - 483 x Log [(t+273) / 323]

Where: D= density at 15°C (kg/m3); V= viscosity (cSt); t = viscosity temperature (°C).
Calculated Carbon Aromaticity index will normally give a value between 800 and 880. The lower the value is the better the ignition quality.
Fuels with a CCAI more than 880 are often problematic or even unusable in a diesel engine. CCAI are often calculated under testing of marine fuel.
The Calculated Ignition Index (CII) is an index of the ignition quality of residual fuel oil.

CII = (270.795 + 0.1038T) – 0.254565 D + 23.708 log log(V+0.7)

Where:D = density at 15°C (kg/m³); V = viscosity (cSt); T = viscosity temperature (°C).
CII was designed to give out numbers in the same order as the cetane index for distillate fuels.

2 comments:

  1. GET OUT OF FINANCIAL MESS WITH THE HELP OF drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    I have been in financial mess for the past months, I’m a single mum with kids to look after. My name is REBECCA MICHAELSON, and am from Ridley Park, Pennsylvania. A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about DR BENJAMIN OWEN FINANCE of (drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com); that he can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. She advised, I gave it a try because she and some of her colleagues were rescued too by this Godsent lender with loans to revive their dying businesses and paying off bills. so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation and therefore took me through the loan process which was very brief and easy. After that my loan application worth $278,000.00USD was granted, all i did was to follow the processing and be cooperative and today I am a proud business owner sharing the testimony of God-sent Lender. You can as well reach him through the Company WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete